IIS releases new feature modules between major version releases to add new functionality. The following extensions are available for IIS 7.5:
- FTP Publishing Service: Lets Web content creators publish content securely to IIS 7 Web servers with SSL-based authentication and data transfer.
- Administration Pack: Adds administration UI support for management features in IIS 7, including ASP.NET authorization, custom errors, FastCGI configuration, and request filtering.
- Application Request Routing: Provides a proxy-based routing module that forwards HTTP requests to content servers based on HTTP headers, server variables, and load balance algorithms.
- Database Manager: Allows easy management of local and remote databases from within IIS Manager.
- Media Services: Integrates a media delivery platform with IIS to manage and administer delivery of rich media and other Web content.
- URL Rewrite Module: Provides a rule-based rewriting mechanism for changing request URLs before they are processed by the Web server.
- WebDAV: Lets Web authors publish content securely to IIS 7 Web servers, and lets Web administrators and hosters manage WebDAV settings using IIS 7 management and configuration tools.
- Web Deployment Tool: Synchronizes IIS 6.0 and IIS 7 servers, migrates an IIS 6.0 server to IIS 7, and deploys Web applications to an IIS 7 server.